Ride-Share usage on the increase
Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft have gained popularity in recent years. In some cities, ride-share services are more popular than taxis. With the convenience of requesting a ride through an app and the promise of affordable prices, more and more people are using ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. However, with the increased usage of these services, the number of accidents involving ride-sharing vehicles has also risen. If you have been involved in an accident while in a ride-share vehicle, it is important to seek the assistance of a qualified ride share accident lawyer to help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
Understanding Ride-Sharing Accidents
Ride-sharing accidents can occur in a variety of ways. The most common causes of ride-sharing accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Ride-sharing drivers may become distracted by their phones or the GPS while driving, leading to accidents.
- Fatigued driving: Ride-sharing drivers often work long hours and may become fatigued while driving, leading to accidents.
- Reckless driving: Some ride-sharing drivers may engage in reckless driving behavior, such as speeding or weaving in and out of traffic, leading to accidents.
If you have been involved in an accident in a ride-share vehicle like Uber or Lyft, it is important to determine the cause of the accident in order to determine liability.
Who is liable in Ride-Sharing Accidents
Determining liability in ride-sharing accidents can be complicated. In general, the following parties may be held liable for a ride-sharing accident:
- The ride-sharing driver: If the driver was responsible for the accident, they may be held liable.
- Other drivers: If another driver was responsible for the accident, they may be held liable.
- Manufacturers: If a defect in the vehicle caused the accident, the manufacturer may be held liable.
- The ride-sharing company.
However, in Texas, the ride-share companies have fought to keep the company liable for any accidents in ride-share vehicles. However, there are certain ways under Texas law that the ride-share company may still be responsible for the accident. It is important to work with a qualified ride share accident lawyer who can help you determine liability in your case and ensure that all responsible parties are held accountable.
Why You Need a Ride Share Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a ride-sharing accident, it is important to seek the assistance of a qualified ride share accident lawyer. Here are just a few reasons why:
- A ride share accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process.
- A ride share accident lawyer can help you gather evidence in order to prove your case and get paid for your damages.
- A ride share accident lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies.
- A ride share accident lawyer can represent you in court if the case has to go to court.
If you have been involved in a ride-sharing accident, it is important to seek the assistance of a qualified ride share accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you’re injured in a car accident, don’t risk being undersold by the insurance company; consult my office to make sure you get the recovery you deserve. You can contact us online or call us today at 833-KISSLAW for a FREE CONSULTATION.
CALL TODAY as valuable information can be lost unless an investigation is promptly done.
Toll Free:(833) KISSLAW
Local: (817) 500-0990